Leave a gift that will echo down the generations
Thank you for considering leaving a gift in your will to benefit people experiencing homelessness in Oxfordshire.
We are honoured to be entrusted with these very special gifts and we make a promise to you that we will never give up on any person experiencing homelessness. Just as you would want.
A home for everyone in Oxfordshire is just the start
With your help we will continue to provide an open door for people when they need it most. Gifts in wills demonstrate hope and faith in a better future for everyone in need of our support. Thank you for sharing that vision with us.
With your help we will continue to strive towards no-one being homeless in Oxfordshire. We believe that providing a home is just the beginning. Homelessness is most often the result of a life shaped by trauma and sadly hearts aren’t so easy to mend. Gifts in wills demonstrate hope and faith in a better future for all people here in our beautiful city of Oxford and the glorious county we call home. Thank you for sharing that vision with us.
Ready to make your will?
Already made your will?
If you just want to find out more about gifts in wills then here are a few things you may want to think about.
There are two main ways to leave a gift in your will:
A fixed sum of money you wish to donate.
A residuary gift can be a percentage share, or all of your remaining estate, after family and friends have been taken care of. This tends to be the most common gift left to a charity.
When writing your will you may want to consider:
- Whether you want to leave any of your possessions as special gifts to named individuals.
- Leaving a gift to charity, after you’ve taken care of your loved ones.
- Appointing Executors who can ensure that your wishes are carried out.
- Making sure that your will is legal by ensuring it is signed by two independent witnesses, who are not beneficiaries.
- Letting your loved ones know your wishes for your funeral, although this is difficult, will help them to know that they are acting on your plans.
Leaving a gift in your will is a celebration of your values and all that is important to you. Thank you for remembering those experiencing homelessness and leaving them the gift of a lifetime.
Get in touch
Please get in touch to notify us if you are leaving a gift in your will to Homeless Oxfordshire.