HOXStock Sleepout 2023 - Terms and Conditions
“I” or “me” means the entrant and proposed participant in the event.
“Event Organisers” means Homeless Oxfordshire charity number 297806
“my group” means any other person whom I enter as a proposed participant in the event, whether under or over the age of 18 years.
“the event” means the event organised by the Event Organisers and called the Hox Stock -Sleep Out! scheduled to take place at Hill End Outdoor centre on 4th March 2023.
I accept the following conditions:
- I enter and will participate in Hoxstock-Sleep Out! 2023 entirely at my own risk. I understand the nature of the event and the risk to my health, safety and wellbeing of sleeping outside overnight in March.
- I am physically and mentally capable of participating. If before the event or during the event I find, I am not physically or mentally able to cope with the event I will withdraw and I will inform Event staff.
- I am solely responsible for my own safety and wellbeing during the event.
- I consent to receiving Hoxstock - Sleep Out correspondence from the event organiser which will provide me with information necessary for my participation in the event.
- I pledge to raise a minimum of £200 in sponsorship for the event, to raise funds for Homeless Oxfordshire.
- I will not hold the event organisers liable to me in negligence for any act or omission which happens at or in connection with the event.
- I will not claim damages or loss from event organisers if I suffer loss or damage during or as a consequence of the event or my participation in it.
- I will indemnify event organisers against any damage costs or loss I may cause or occasion to event organisers or other participants in the event or to Hill End Outdoor Centre arising from my actions or defaults at or in connection with the event, or my non-observance of any of these terms and conditions
- I will bring to the event for my use waterproof clothing, a sleeping bag, sleeping mat, and the other items mentioned in the Sleep Out kit list and published on the event organisers’ website for the Sleep Out. All kit should be of suitable quality for the event and the forecast temperature and weather conditions for the Sleep Out.
- I am solely responsible for my personal possessions. Event organisers will not be liable to me for their loss or damage in any circumstances.
- I will read all pre-event information provided by event organisers, whether on the event organisers website or otherwise.
- I will not bring alcohol to the event.
- I will not bring any cooker or burner with a naked flame to the event.
- On arrival and upon departure at the event, I will report to Event Organisers.
- I will leave the event if I am requested to do so at any time by event organisers whether or not for a given reason.
- At the event, I understand that there will be photographers and media present. If I do not wish to be photographed, filmed, or interviewed I will inform Event Staff or photographers. Any material that I do feature in will be used by Event Organisers for future marketing and publicity.
- The event site is in the grounds of Hill End Outdoor Centre. I understand that I as a participant, I will have limited access to some areas of the centre.
- I will ensure that all members of my group over the age of 18 years sign and agree to these terms before participating in the event or have otherwise accepted these terms and conditions on the event organisers website.
- If any of my group are between the age of 16 and 18 years at the time of the event, and/or my group will include more than two members under the age of 18, I will contact event organisers with a view to agreeing how best to manage the risks involved. I will be personally responsible for the safety and wellbeing of each member of my group under the age of 18 and on their behalf and as their agent I agree to each of the above terms and conditions.
- I will not bring a dog to the event.
- In the event of any of the above terms and conditions being found to be of no effect for any reason that will not affect the validity of any remaining terms and conditions.
- I understand the paramount objective of the event (and its challenge) is the health and safety of myself and all other participants. I will do what I can to further that objective. I will not do or omit to do anything which may harm or prejudice that objective.